Good morning and happy Sunday!
Today I would like to share one of my favorite breakfast recipes. As I am always in a hurry in the morning, I like my breakfasts to be quick and simple. I usually prepare my breakfast consisting of oats soaked in almond milk the night before and put it in the fridge. In the morning I decide whether to heat it up or just eat it cold and add a banana to it. So the weekends are perfect to experiment a little bit and to take my time. The ones following me on Instagram may have already seen this one passing by, so here is my variation of an easy, simple and healthy mugcake.
What you need:
– A mug
– 1-1/2 banana – depending on its size
– 1 tablespoon of apple compote – homemade is the best, but if you don’t have time to make some yourself, try to find a biological one without any added sugar (AND/OR
– 3-4 dates)
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda
– 1-1/2 tablespoons of raw cocoa powder
– 3 tablespoons of oats
– A handful of blueberries
– A little bit of coconut butter/oil
– A mixer – optional. I just squash and stir with a fork
Non-vegan version: substitute the baking soda and 3-4 dates and/or apple compote for one 1 egg.
How to prepare:
1) use the coconut butter/oil for the mug to prevent the cake sticking to it.
2) cut you banana in slices and put it in the mug. Either mix or squash them. I like it when you still can taste some little parts of banana, so I don’t squash them too much.
3) add the egg and mix well with the banana.
4) add the apple compote, oats and cocoa powder and stir until you get an even mass.
5) add the blueberries and stir to evenly distribute them, but try to keep them intact.
6) put the mug in the microwave 750kW for 4-5 min or 1000kW for 2-3 min.
7) turn upside down on a plate or just eat out of the mug. Add some yoghurt or extra fruit to it if you wish. Beware: it might be hot.
All photos are taken by me
The post ‘Healthy Chocolate Mugcake’ was first published on ‘Have a Swim in a Calm Sea’.